DVC News for April 2010
15|04|10 20:15 Filed in: DVC
DVC News for April 2010
Studio accommodations get new name
Studio accommodations at Disney Vacation Club® Resorts are now known as Deluxe Studio accommodations.
The new name is designed to better represent the size and quality of these accommodations, and to more effectively reflect the fact that these studios fall into the Deluxe Resort category.
As this is a name change only, the move doesn't affect the studios' attributes or amenities.
Also not affected by the name change are the studios located in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas' Jambo House, which are now known as Studio – Value accommodations.
One-Time-Use Vacation Points
See the details on how you can purchase a minimal number of additional vacation points to use towards your stay of choice.
As a Disney Vacation Club Member, occasionally you may find yourself in need of just few extra vacation points in order to book that perfect dream vacation. Previously, this required borrowing vacation points from a future use year, but very recently a new alternative was introduced. They're called "one-time-use" vacation points and are available for a fee of $15 ($13.33 plus $1.67 tax) per vacation point. Availability of one-time-use vacation points may be limited or suspended from time to time, and the fee is subject to change.
- One-time-use vacation points are vacation points available for Disney Vacation Club Members to use as an alternative to borrowing vacation points from the following use year's allotment.
- You can obtain a maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points once per use year per membership.
- A maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points are processed in a single transaction, not multiple transactions.
- The fee for one-time-use vacation points is $15 (including tax) per vacation point, and is subject to change.
- One-time-use vacation points expire according to the use year of the reservation booked and are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be banked or borrowed.
- One-time-use vacation points are not available for waitlist reservations.
- One-time-use vacation points cannot be applied retroactively to existing reservations.
- One-time-use vacation points are only available for Members whose contract is closed and in good standing.
- One-time-use vacation points are available only for Disney Vacation Club resorts, Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and World Passport Collection reservations.
- One-time-use vacation points used for Disney Vacation Club resort reservations can only be used up to 7 months prior to arrival.
- One-time-use vacation points for Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and World Passport reservations can be used according to the booking guidelines for each individual collection.
Booking system enhancements to debut later this year
Booking system enhancements at Disneyland®, Walt Disney World® and Disney Vacation Club® Resorts, designed to improve the Member and Guest experience, are on the way as part of one of the largest Information Technology efforts in the history of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
Originally scheduled to impact Member Services' booking system this spring, the changes are now slated to debut later this year. Here's a look at some of the changes Members will experience when the enhanced systems are in place:
- Member Services will begin e-mailing reservation confirmations to Members and other Guests in those Members' traveling parties.
- Members will begin creating simplified "travel plans" that combine all accommodations for their trip. Gone will be the days of booking separate reservations for every room and resort included in the trip. No more juggling multiple confirmation or cancellation numbers. Instead, a single travel plan and confirmation number will represent the entire trip, regardless of the number of rooms and resorts included. Members will no longer need to link separate reservations, as they'll be included in one travel plan.
- When booking multiple, consecutive accommodations on a travel plan, Members will be able to book advanced dining reservations as many as 180 days prior to the check-in date of the first accommodation for the length of stay (up to 10 days) of the entire travel plan.
- Members will pay for their Disney Dining Plan through Member Services when booking their reservation. Members who don't wish to pay when booking their reservation will have the option of adding the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation as many as 48 hours prior to arrival and paying for the plan just prior to the start of their vacation.
- When booking cash reservations, Members will pay a deposit of one night room plus tax at the time of booking.
- Future plans call for further enhancements, including the ability to reserve Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations online.
- These changes continue a recent wave of system enhancements designed to improve the Member and Guest experience. Other recent enhancements at the Walt Disney World Resort, for example, have included:
- Online Check-In Service: Members and Guests "check-in" to their resort as many as 10 days prior to their arrival. Travelers simply pre-register for their upcoming stay from the comfort of their own home and can even add a credit card for incidentals. Upon arrival, a welcome folder containing their Key to the World card awaits them at the designated Online Check-In Service desk in the resort hotel lobby.
- Online dining reservations: Members and Guests may book advanced dining reservations online at www.disneyworld.com/dining.
- Mobile Room Ready Notification Service: Designed for Members and Guests who arrive before their scheduled check-in time, this new system notifies sends a text message or automated call to those families' mobile phones when their room is ready.
- Watch www.dvcmember.com for more information about our system enhancements as new details become available.
Contribute to Disney By The Numb3ers
If you would like to contribute and write about Disney please complete the quick writing form, and you are on your way. We can use writers for our blog and monthly newsletter.
Sign up for the Disney By The Numbers Newsletter-
What do you think? Leave your comments below
If you have some Disney news call the Disney By The Numbers
hotline at +1 407 - 374- DBTN (3286)