The new Disney App will also offer innovative features including "Click2Life" which allows iPhone users to take pictures of images from the online version of Disney.com with their device that will then come to life within the app and turn into an animated image. Additionally, the Disney App will automatically discover other Disney apps and games available through the App Store, organizing all Disney-branded content within one destination on each device so users can easily access their favorite games and entertainment content.
Key content features within the new Disney App include:
• Disney at your fingertips – instant access to the latest Disney news and entertainment.
• Characters – interact with hundreds of Disney's most popular characters through customizable photo frames and audio greetings that can be customized by users.
• Music – listen to Radio Disney live, play "Name that Song," watch music videos and purchase the latest Disney music from the iTunes Store.
• Videos – watch new featured and original videos each week including Disney.com's "Backstage Pass" and "Spotlight" segments.
• Games and My Disney Apps– download and manage free and paid Disney games and other apps.
"While this app provides seamless access to all things Disney, delivering unmatched entertainment and information directly to mobile devices, we're not simply recreating Disney.com on your iPhone or iPod touch," stated Jason Davis, vice president, Disney.com. "Features like 'Click2Life' utilize iPhone's revolutionary functionality to create exciting new ways to interact with Disney characters and content."
The Disney.com App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at iTunes.com/WaltDisney along with an extensive line-up of other free and paid Disney Apps.
Already an online and mobile Web powerhouse, Disney.com reaches nearly 31 million unique visitors per month, ranking as the No. 1 Community-Family & Parenting site. Among mobile Web sites, Disney.com ranks as the No. 1 entertainment mobile site. Disney also has an expanding line-up of paid apps currently available in the App Store including Toy Story Mania!, Disney Fairies Fly, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Breakspin, among many others.
What do you think? Leave your comments below
If you have some Disney news call the Disney By The Numbers
hotline at +1 407 - 374- DBTN (3286)