NEWS: Changes to the 2016 Disney Dining Plan
With the release of the 2016 Magic Your Way Disney World vacation packages, also comes the details of the 2016 Disney Dining Plan. Every year the prices go up a bit and some restaurants are added, others removed. Let’s take a look at what 2016 holds for the Disney Dining Plan.
Quick Service Disney Dining Plan changes include:
- The removal of the locations at Disney’s Coronado Springs.
- At Epcot, the removal of Katsura Grill, La Cantina de San Angel, and Les Halles Boulangeria and Patisserie.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the addition of Creature Comforts and Harambe Market. The removal of Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafes.
- At Downtown Disney, Bongos Cuban Cafe, Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, The Smokehouse, Starbucks, Wolfgang Puck Express West Side and Marketplace, and Express at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.
- For ages 10 and up, the price increase is .85 and for kids, it’s 1.44.
Disney Dining Plan changes include:
- All of the above quick-service changes.
- BoardWalk Inn and Villas’ Big River Grille and Brewing Works has been removed.
- Coronado Springs restaurants have been removed.
- At Epcot, Les Chef de France, La Hacienda de San Angel, Monsieur Paul, Nine Dragons Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, San Angel Restaurante, Spice Road Table, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia Ristorante, and Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzerie have all been removed.
- There are no Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) locations listed.
- For ages 10 and up, the price increase is 1.20 and for kids, it’s 1.73.
Deluxe Disney Dining Plan changes include:
- The changes also include those listed for the Quick Service and Regular Disney Dining Plan.
- Disney has removed the appetizer from the option. Guests now only receive entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, or one full buffet.
- For ages 10 and up, the price increase is 2.20 and for kids, it’s 2.70.
The above is subject to change, and we do anticipate seeing additional restaurants added to the list over the next six or seven months. The restaurants that are missing from the Disney Dining Plans are those that are independently owned and operated. These restaurants usually wait until the last minute to renew their contract, so don’t fret. We’ll keep you posted as restaurants are added!
We must say that the price increases are minimal and not much as really changed with the Quick Service and Regular plans. However, we are extremely disappointed that the Deluxe had an increase in price with the removal of the appetizer. It was one of the main reasons that we liked getting this plan. We wish that AT LEAST they would have decided to make it a choice – appetizer or dessert.
Thanks to our friends over at Dining at Disney